A Game of Lords and Leaders
Reign expands the frontiers of fantasy gaming by elevating the action to an international stage. Monarchs and mercenaries gamble armies and fortunes to win nations in a rich and vibrant fantasy setting. Reign’s simple but complete rules model the triumphs and disasters of societies as small as a village or as large as a realm-spanning religion. With Reign, your characters can defend and bring prosperity to threatened lands… or, if you prefer, conquer and pillage on a vast and awesome scale.
Powered by the One Roll Engine (or ORE) popularized by Godlike, Nemesis, and Wild Talents, Reign can take your characters from beggars to emperors. If you’re already a fan of the ORE, Reign is familiar (though with a few interesting refinements). If it’s new to you, the ORE resolves events in delicate detail without cumbersome layers of contingent rolls.
Reign‘s group-resolution rules are self-contained and easy to stack on top of any other RPG system. Want a concrete way to model what happens to the city when your superheroes destroy the Cult of Moloch Triumphant? Use Reign to stat up the city and the cult. Ever wonder who’d win if two rival government conspiracies went head to head? Reign lets you measure their weaknesses and strengths, then test them against one another. Fantasy kingdoms, cosmic empires and secretive cabals can all be easily managed and modeled with Reign.
This new edition of Reign unites the original core rulebook with all of the supplementary material Greg generated on his website, along with the following improvements:
- All the content EVER collected in two books, one covering the rules, one covering the campaign settings
- All the material totally reorganized and properly integrated for maximum utility.
- Brand new art (potentially color), replacing all the…ahem….stylized work that Greg did on his own in the expansions!
- Modernized PDF layout, more thoroughly organized, linked and indexed.
- The opportunity to get Reign in hardcover at a reasonable price.