He has exposed The Cainite Heresy, and dug up the Secrets of the Ruined Temple. He has broadcast the Suppressed Transmissions, and ventured through Infinite Worlds. Now, horror heresiarch Kenneth Hite, the author ofGURPS Horror 3rd Edition and Nightmares of Mine, assembles theDubious Shards of the Cthulhu Mythos!
Among the blasphemous contents herein:
- An examination of the Cthulhu Mythos, and how to discover it for games and storytelling.
- In-depth explorations of Dagon, Irem, Dunwich, and other Lovecraftian topics.
- Critical essays on the politics of horror fiction, and why John Wayne would have played Call of Cthulhu.
- A never-before seen original Delta Green scenario of paranoia and surveillance.
- And a glimpse at the fearsome Tarot of Cthulhu!
WARNING: This book contains Dizzying Speculation, Eldritch Hints, and Maniacal Ravings. Not for the neurasthenic or phthisickal.
Written and Illustrated by Kenneth Hite Layout and Design by Philip Reed
NOTE: This is a revised layout of the limited edition 6″ x 9″ book that was made available at Origins, 2006. The content has been reformated to 8.5″ x 11″ but it otherwise near-identical to that found in the limited edition book.